- Geologist with over 30 years experience in project generation, appraisal, management and discovery from grassroots to feasibility
- Has a strong discovery history in base metals and coal with multi commodity experience in Australia and overseas including base metals, gold, copper-gold, magmatic copper-nickel-PGE, coal and bauxite.
- A good working knowledge of Australian geology, terranes and tectonic evolution especially the Proterozoic and Palaeozoic terrains of Central and Eastern Australia
- Specialisation in IOCG, BHT, VHMS, SEDEX, porphyry copper-gold, magmatic copper-nickel, epithermal and IRG deposits, coal in Bowen, Galilee and Surat Basins.
- Management of and evaluation of coal, base metals and gold projects
- Open file and GIS syntheses and targeting
- Mentoring younger geologists
Skills provided include project planning and management, detailed and regional mapping, GIS-based data analysis, seismic interpretation, project due diligence and open file assessments, project and tenure generation, geotechnical studies in coal and base metals, independent geologist reports and mentoring of younger geologists.
- Program planning, management and execution from grassroots to feasibility
- Wide experience and technical expertise in volcanic-hosted massive sulphide deposits, Broken Hill-type, Irish-style zinc-lead and sediment-hosted lead-zinc deposits.
- Expertise in Proterozoic iron oxide-copper-gold systems, especially Cloncurry region and Gawler Craton
- Expertise in magmatic copper-nickel-PGE deposits
- Expertise in epithermal, intrusion-related, mesothermal and sediment-hosted gold deposits (including Carlin-style).
- Regional and detailed geological mapping
- Bowen, Galilee and Surat Basins and coal measures
- Development of ore deposit models and criteria to assist in targeting
- Regional interpretations and syntheses utilising multiple datasets
- Australia and world-wide project and target generation
- Data compilation, open file searches and province syntheses
- Results-oriented prospect and project appraisals
- Provided full project management for Canadian major for base metal exploration in Eastern Australia.
- Project management, prospect evaluations, and target generation for Australian junior in Einasleigh-Georgetown region of northeast Queensland.
- Full project management for major drilling campaigns in the Cloncurry region for Canadian major.
- Planning and field management of drilling programs for coal in Central and Southeast Queensland.
- Annual and appraisal reports and target generation for all tenures for Australian coal junior
- Project management and GIS reviews in Lawn Hill Platform of Mt Isa Western Succession.
- Review of copper and gold potential and target generation in the Georgetown-Charters Towers regions and the Lachlan Fold Belt
- Follow-up and review of VTEM and soil anomalies for Australian junior in Mt Isa-Duchess region
- B.Sc. (Hons) – University of Queensland (Corella Formation and Copper-Uranium mineralisation, Cloncurry region)
- Ph.D. – James Cook University (Genesis of Mt Molloy and Diane Besshi-style volcanogenic deposits, Hodgkinson Province)
- Member of AusIMM, GSA, SEG
- SSE coal (Qld)